Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Empty

I don't feel sad, or torn, or burdened, or heavy. Just empty. I've poured out all that I have in only three days, and I'm already tired of driving in the dark of morning, as I leave for work, and the dark of night, as I come back home. Friday, be soon. 

I keep thinking that it would be fine if I just called it a night, and that one day off from writing for the blog wouldn't harm anything at all, and that the four minutes remaining of my computer battery should be a sign to call it a rest. But these are the moments when I need Him the most. When I can lean into Him, and find whatever it is that I need for the day, and be reminded that He never fails me. And be reminded that it's okay to fail sometimes too.

Like when I don't have anything eloquent to say. 

I had to stay awake long enough, though, to say thank you for this day. Thank you for being the "God who sees" and teaching me to see more clearly, too. I am awed by the reality that you spend time with me. How you never leave my side throughout the day. How I have nothing to fear because of you, and how you push me to become someone better than I could ever be on my own. Thank you for this life, and for this day.

2 comments:

  1. This one is bittersweet. And Friday will be here soon! Then on Monday, Monday will be a great day because you get to see me again. Wink wink wink wink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday will be here tomorrow! :) And I am looking forward to Monday for that reason, too. Thanks for reading, Chalayn.

      Delete